If you want to participate in MRI studies, you should consider those criteria prior to scanning:
- All metal MUST be removed from your body, especially eyeglasses, wristwatches, jewelry, and shirts with metal fasteners near your head (e.g., zippers).
- All body piercings MUST be able to be removed.
- Must NOT be claustrophobic or have a history of claustrophobia.
- Tattoos are generally not exclusionary, unless they have been inked with metallic dyes.
- NO pacemakers, insulin pumps, etc.
For another MRI check list visit e.g. this UCSF web page.