After Mac OS 9 updates I started to use this system. But after a short while I realized that I really need more RAM. It was almost impossible to work with more than one application. Therefore I was decided to buy 512 MB RAM.
I knew about one small shop with old computers on Favoritenstrasse (U6: between Taubstummengasse and Südtiroler Platz). I went there and asked about SDRAM PC100. Old but nice guy showed me some 512 MB modules for about 30 €. I didn't have so much money with me at that moment and I also wanted to visit that Mac shop once more. So I left the shop and forgot my umbrella there.
That Mac shop offered me the same kind of RAM for about 45-50 €. Hmm, .... No thanks. I went to my room and picked some money from bankomat. I returned to the computer shop and the seller offered me (except my umbrella - for free of course) one module for 24 €. It has not been tested yet. I have bought it and put in my iMac - and nothing happened. Bad, but I had to go to the school…
I have never tried Vista on my laptop, because it is well suited for WinXP and I don't like Vista. But what if you can download the new Win 7 RC for free?
I'm using Windows XP since I have bought my old laptop HP Compaq nx6110 (1,4 Ghz Celeron M, 768 MB RAM). WinXP runs on this laptop really fast and smoothly, but I have turned every "eyecandy" off and it looks like old Win95 now. But I like this neutral look.
Last week I was closed in my room for two days installing and trying different Linux distributions. After this time I ended with Arch Linux installed on my hard drive - system was stable and either WiFi worked well. Then I realized, that I have spent so much time and done nothing useful. So I decided to work with WinXP and don't bother with other OS (like 2 weeks with Mac OS X a month ago).
But NO. Incidentally I got to this website and started immediately download the iso image. The download process ran in Java and I had download speed about 800 KB/s, that…
My keyboard Yamaha S08 suffered from several "sticky keys" disease already a year, perhaps more. That saying, I am pretty bad piano player. However, I like to have my devices fully functional for any cases.
I have found a very helpful guide, but with no photos. I made some for better visualization of the repair.
First, I unfastened all screws from both sides:
Second, I unfastened all screws from a wooden base plate which were holding the part with electronics.
Then I unfastened the golden screws holding the whole keyboard to the wood. The keyboard was now accessible from both sides.
The last step is described in the following video. It was just removing the sticky keys and reinserting them without a metal spring coming inside. The end of the metal spring has been left outside of the key: